I can’t believe it’s taken more than a year for my Indian Blanket quilt top (mentioned here and here) to get quilted, but at last it is done. And only because I sent it to be quilted once I realised I’d too many other quilting priorities.
The triangles don’t line up from row to row, which means straight lines can’t traverse the quilt and properly echo the triangles. That’s why I decided to go for an all-over design with curves. Krista, a local longarm quilter, stitched the Tickle pattern from edge to edge and did a great job. Here’s a detail shot of the back, below. If you click on the photo it’ll open larger in another tab.
Next month this quilt will be delivered to newly-arrived refugees. Both of my guilds are collecting quilts to welcome our new neighbours, and luckily one guild doesn’t require proper bed-size quilts.