Before we went on vacation, DH dusted off our Blackberry Playbook to bring instead of a laptop. And to protect it on its travels, I sewed a cover using Sew In Harmony’s Tablet Case Tutorial.
The cover is brilliantly conceived. The construction phase didn’t photograph well because until the cover is just about finished, you can’t tell how it’s shaping up. The cover is machine washable if the cardboard inserts, shown below in their fabric sleeves, are removed.
I wanted the back panel to have a small lip to hold onto, so I cut the back piece 1/4″ larger than called for and adjusted the front pieces accordingly.
The finished product worked perfectly as both a protective cover and a stand. In the last picture you can see where I added elastic to the bottom-right corner because the seam allowance ate up most of the corner holder.
It’s quite rewarding to make something so functional in just a week. It sure motivates me to devote more after-work hours to my sewing room.